terence crawford last fight

작성자 Nichole
작성일 24-09-21 10:49 | 4 | 0

본문

Before this epic clash, the undercard should deliver some great action. The co-main is Isaac Cruz vs. Giovanni Cabrera in WBC and WBA lightweight title eliminator (titles currently held by Devin Haney).

Boxer Terence Crawford, left, fights against Israil Madrimov during a super welterweight championship boxing match in Los Angeles, Saturday, Aug. 3, 2024. Crawford, the consensus best pound-for-pound boxer in the world, defeated Madrimov by unanimous decision to become a four-division champion. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)

class=The fighter of our generation, everybody would agree is Floyd Mayweather. I think Terence Crawford is now the fighter of our generation. That performance beats Floyd Mayweather at welterweight in his prime.

"This is what I’ve worked for my whole career. I want to be that undisputed welterweight champion of the world and I’m excited to go up against a great opponent like Terence Crawford to accomplish that.

The fighters have weighed in and all that's left to do is make the walk and fight. WBC and lineal heavyweight champion Tyson Fury defends his belt against mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte Saturday at Wembley Stadium in London (ESPN+ PPV, 2 p.m. ET with prelims at 1 p.m. on ESPN+).

Crawford’s 2011 consisted of a first-round TKO of Anthony Mora in February and a second-round TKO over Derrick Campos in July before ending the year with an eight-round unanimous decision over Angel Rios.

In front of a home crowd of 12,121, Crawford became the undisputed champion at light welterweight after knocking out Indongo in round three. The final punch was a left hook to the right side of the body, which immediately dropped Indongo. Referee Jack Reiss counted to 10 and promptly called an end after 1 minute and 38 seconds. Indongo also touched the canvas during round one, but the referee ruled it a slip. Additionally, Indongo was knocked down and received a count after a left from Crawford during round two.

"I want to give honour to God, because without him none of this would be possible," he says. "I only dreamed of being a world champion. No-one believed in me when I was coming up, but I made everyone believe.

For that reason, bouts, boxers, weights, locations, TV networks and other information is subject to change. Bouts which are not confirmed/official in our listings are followed by ‘TBA’ for transparency.

"I'm naturally right-handed. I had about 70 amateur fights – it was probably like, 60 wins, 10 losses," said Crawford, who owns amateur victories over future champions Mikey Garcia and Danny Garcia. "I remember all of those fights against Danny Garcia, Mikey Garcia, Diego Magdaleno. I still watch them from time to time. It wasn't a hard fight with Mikey – Danny Garcia was a harder fight for me."

The ultimate annual Boxing Schedule for 2024, updated daily to keep crawfords last fight fans in the loop with all worldwide upcoming bouts, their locations, TV and streaming coverage, world titles on the line, plus more.

Belt exchanges like these are common but seldom seen in public. Boxing’s sanctioning bodies will make new belts for Crawford, who is now 40-0 with 31 knockouts after Saturday’s emphatic win. Spence, 28-1 with 22 knockouts, will retain his as keepsakes.

Hearn said he thinks Cruz will be ready to fight for a world title by the end of the year. "They’re willing to face anybody," Hearn said of Cruz and his team. "We have a real test in Moran, and Andy Cruz will be ready to fight for a championship this year."

Five-time world champion Gervonta "Tank" Davis defends his WBA Lightweight Title against unbeaten No. 1 ranked contender and mandatory challenger Rolando Romero on Saturday, May 28 live on SHOWTIME PPV from Barclays Center in Brooklyn headlining a Premier Boxing Champions event.

Gervonta Davis and Frank Martin face off this Saturday, June 15 for the WBA lightweight title. The PPV event will begin at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT. The event will feature four fights, including the co-main event: David Benavidez vs. Oleksandr Gvozdyk for the interim WBC light heavyweight title.

Crawford doesn’t land clean with a jab but is pressing forward and lands a big counter that puts Porter down! Porter gets up and is ready to continue. Check hook lands for Crawford who wants to press the advantage. Porter ducks a big hook from Crawford. Combination from Crawford puts Porter down again! Porter gets up and says he wants to continue but Kenny Porter throws in the towel!

Get exclusive access to thousands of premium articles a year from top writers. • Ranking: Who are top freshmen in CFB? » • Good, bad and ugly from NFL's Week 1 » • Rockets' future, what the NBA can learn » More ESPN+ content »

Not to mention the fact he is already widely regarded as one of the best super-lightweight’s the world has ever seen having been the undisputed champion at 140-pounds already. Now he is the undisputed king at welterweight too. Quite magnificent.

Ennis won the interim title in January when he scored a shutout decision over fringe contender Karen Chukhadzhian. Ennis made his first defense in July in his first "Showtime Championship Boxing" main event, a homecoming of sorts in Atlantic City with a 10th-round of Roiman Villa.

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.