terence crawford fight card

작성자 Kattie Corona
작성일 24-09-21 10:14 | 8 | 0

본문

Madrimov is the recognized WBA 154-pound titlist, not the ‘Regular’ titleholder as suggested by Brown. The sanctioning body previously abolished all interim titles in 2021. The move was part of its aggressive title reduction policy, with the goal to eliminate multiple WBA beltholders within a weight class.

Errol Spence Jr. vs. Terence Crawford -- Round 7: Crawford landed a good hook and continued to bomb away, forcing Spence to move backward. Spence landed two big left hands and Crawford threw a counter and Spence went down for the second time in the fight! Spence beat the count and Crawford stalked trying to find the finish, landing more big lefts. Spence came forward and landed a good right hand inside but Crawford is just taking every shot like nothing on this night. Both men landed jabs before Crawford landed a series of heavy shots to the body. A right hook from Crawford dropped Spence again as the round came to an end! Unofficial scorecard: 10-7 Crawford (69-61)

As Cruz was getting into an offensive groove in the second half of the fight, a cautious Cabrera was throwing one punch at a time, measured and calculated rate – seemingly enough to keep the judges satisfied, as proven by the scores that were turned in.

terence crawford results Crawford is set for his first fight since his career-defining win over Errol Spence Jr. this past July. Crawford, who became undisputed welterweight champion with his win over Spence, will make his junior middleweight debut against WBA champion Israil Madrimov on Aug. 2 in Los Angeles. A press conference is expected on Wednesday to formally announce the matchup.

"To be honest, I never wanted to be an Olympic gold medalist," Crawford said. "Midge and BoMac, they wanted me to stay in the amateurs and win a gold medal because they know how tough it is coming out of Nebraska. I wanted to be a world champion."

The answer came in Round 6 in the form of a crisp, two-punch combination that put Avanesyan on his back, brought the capacity crowd at CHI Health Center to its feet, and prompted the referee, Sparkle Lee, to stop the bout.

Smart business for the sport normally makes for boring boxing. Inflammatory publicity stunts and circus acts to entice organizations to match up fighters was a route Bud said he was never willing to go.

Before this epic clash, the undercard should deliver some great action. The co-main is Isaac Cruz vs. Giovanni Cabrera in WBC and WBA lightweight title eliminator (titles currently held by Devin Haney).

Terence_Crawford_victory2.jpgBoxing champions like Roy Jones Jr., Evander Holyfield, Antonio Tarver and Riddick Bowe milled backstage. Their presence alone, for a weigh-in that was no more than ceremonial in nature, made for TV—the real versions took place Friday morning at the MGM Grand—signaled the immense stakes. Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns was in the house, hoping, along with thousands of others who descended on Las Vegas during an epic heatwave, for another welterweight classic. The old-school, vintage kinds he long ago engaged in.

Errol Spence Jr. vs. Terence Crawford, billed as Undefeated. Undisputed. Unprecedented., was a welterweight professional boxing match between unified WBA Super, WBC and IBF champion, Errol Spence Jr., and WBO champion, Terence Crawford. The fight took place on July 29, 2023 at the T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada.

Two of the United States’ most fearsome boxing Heavyweights will do battle with former unified Heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz returning to the ring for the first time since a unanimous decision win against Luis Ortiz in September 2022, to face Jarrell Miller, who will be going all out to produce a winning outcome after losing his undefeated record in Riyadh in December last year.

When Spence walked from the tunnel, accompanied by regional rapper BigXThaPlug, slurring off beat about the greatness of the state they were from and riding ATVs with diamond chains, folk started shimmying in the crowd.

Following a one-year layoff, Crawford returned in December 2022 with a sixth-round stoppage over David Avanesyan. Crawford’s record in world title bouts was now an impressive 17-0 (14 KOs). The win over Avanesyan set the stage for boxing’s biggest and best match: a showdown between Crawford and undefeated, unified WBC, WBA and IBF World Welterweight Champion, Errol Spence Jr.

Gamboa won the early rounds using his speed advantage, but Crawford eventually adjusted, knocking Gamboa down once in the fifth round, again in the eighth, and finally twice in the ninth to secure a TKO win. Crawford stated after the fight "I was warming up, getting used to his style in the first couple of rounds. I just wanted to test him out, I felt like I could make an adjustment with my jab, because he's always dropping his left hand. I thought I could get him with my jab in the southpaw stance." At the time of stoppage, Crawford was ahead 78–72, 78–72, 77–73 on the judges' scorecards. In an interview in July 2016, Crawford stated that Gamboa was still his toughest fight to date.

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.